Jun 5, 2024

Cacildes Adventure: New work begins with a character creator

 As I begin plans for another expansion for Cacildes Adventure, first thing I'm working on is a character customization tool to customize Cacildes!




The way it works (or I thought about it) was creating body parts container game objects to store all the available customization pieces:

This works great with my existing equipment logic for armors, because if a helmet requires us to hide the hair of the character, for example, we just need to hide the parent container "HairContainer", and voilà, it is agnostic to whatever hair is selected because that's a child of the HairContainer.


You'll be able to edit many details of the model and also the name of the character.

I'm also adding localization! More on that later.

Stay tuned for more :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Faça-se ouvir. Diga o que acha a respeito deste assunto!